Money Saving Heating & Furnace Tips
1. Make certain you set your thermostat to a level you are comfortable with. We recommend setting your thermostat from 68 to 70 degrees. Once you have the thermostat set and you are content with the comfort level we also recommend that you leave it there. It takes less energy to heat air 3-4 degrees than it does to heat air 6-8 degrees. This will also help save on your heating bills. Massachusetts winters are cold so set that thermostat and leave it to save money!
2. We recommend that you clean or replace filters on a furnace once a month.
3. Make sure that any clean warm-air registers, baseboard heaters, and radiators are not being blocked by furniture, carpeting, or drapes. In other words try to maintain your vents ability to flow warm air freely.
4. You should consider placing heat-resistant radiator reflectors between any exterior walls and the radiators.
5. Although fans may help you save money on your air conditioning bill in the spring and summer, we recommend that you use kitchen, bath, and other ventilating fans wisely. These fans can pull out a houseful of warm air in no time. Make certain that you turn them off as soon as they have done their job.
6. Consider keeping draperies or shades open on the south of your home and facing windows during the winter or cold months to allow sunlight to enter your home. You should also close them at night to reduce the cold.
7. Make certain that you purchase energy-efficient equipment if you are replacing any of the appliances or the furnaces in your home. Our technicians are trained on repair, maintenance and installation of all major energy efficient brands and are also an authorized re-seller of most major well known brands.
8. So that you don’t waste your hard earned money you should always check these three items to make certain you need a technician:
-Check your thermostat to verify that it is set for “heating”.
-Go to your breaker box and make sure that the breaker is on.
-You’ll want to check your furnace’s switch to make certain that your gas is on.
If you need furnace heating repair, service, or installation and live in the area of Massachusetts of: Westford, Acton, Sudbury, Chelmsford, Concord, Lincoln, Carlisle, Newton, Brookline, Wellesley, Weston, Needham, Dover, Sherborn, Wayland – Call us at (877) 410-3752 or visit us at https://www.campbellheatingandair.com/